Thursday, January 1, 2009

Lookin back at 2008

Whats good People? My 3rd annual year-end wrap-up (First here...so if this is your first time welcome) comes about 24 hours late due to my slackness, and not bein around a computer most of the day...but I heard somewhere that its better late than never so with that said...here we go

1.) Strength- I learned a lot about myself in 08'. Things that I always knew about myself but was never really tested on it until this past year. Of course I passed with flying colors but it wasn't easy. In this past year everybody that I know was hit by the recession HARD. People losing jobs, losing hours, gas prices bein insane costing close to 100 for a tank of gas (bananas by the way), etc. But all those things aside I haven't seen a lot of people crack. What;s the saying that, "Pressure burst pipes" it does but if u keep a level head on ur shoulders and remember that this is not forever and that this is going to do nothing but further define u into the person ur going to become u r going to be okay. I like what someones status on here saying that "It was a rough year but a defining one." If there was never a year that showed that ya boi wasn't going to give in 2008 was definitely it. We have to also remember that as bad as you have it there is def. somebody out there who has it worse so feel blessed. So wit that said it is okay to vent and let somethings off ur chest, but when u go overboard and start griping, and crying, having a bad attitude towards everything u are definitely not doing yourself NE GOOD! ur jus bein a grumpy person that people are going to eventually gonna start want to stop hearin it. Like my man Cam said in Paid in Full "Pull you skirt down B" Roll wit dem punches u gotta bob em and weave em

2.) Know who ur dealin with- At the end of the day you got to know who your dealin with. Dr. Maya Angelou said prolly one of the realest quote ever said "When someone shows you who they are believe them." People are going to show you who they are, that is why it is important that you pay attention when they are doing so. This goes for all kind of things it could be for spotting a hoe...If they say and do things that say that they get down believe them. Y are we giving people the benefit of the doubt? If u show me that ur a disloyal and weak, trust me I am gonna believe you so that u are not around me in a tough situation cus ur not going to be able to stand ur ground n u might piss ur pants. If you looking for somebody to ride with you your not going to have the person that has real shaky character. My cousin analogy of weak people was really good he said (paraphrasing), "They try to come off as a Benz or some other foreign luxury car maker but at the end of the day they are just a Ford Taurus" Broads, Hoe-niggas are just Fords...Just not about what they yap about. I do this, i do that, if i were him I'll do that, but when something actually pops its a brand new day their ra-ra engine dies out. You gotta look at peoples actions instead of their words(talk is cheap) so that they aren't as brand new. It was Forrest Gump that said, "Stupid is what stupid does" well for the sake of this lets say that" ____is what ____does" If u say that ur not a hoe but u gettin dogged out on the regular, and a group niggas have mostly ran thru u, I hate to break it but ur hoe. If u say that u r a G but then it turns out that ur resume does not support that, and there has been incidents where ur g has been tested and you didn't pass then that means ur not a G. If you want to find out sooner about these people use ur intuition (Y its believed that females are the only ones who have it is a mystery) and test these people wit strategic questions.

3.) March to the beat of your own drum- There are so many people out there tellin you how u should do this and how u should do that, whats wrong with how your doing things currently and I say this to you... tell em to get theirs, and if they don't have nething for themselves to get tell em to get it for somebody else. I don't answer to no one but God. Not a supervisor, a girl, the government, no one because no human being shouldn't be able to judge us because they aren't perfect themselves. I've been mislead a couple times by not listening to my gut feeling and not held my ground. No more for this guy, if i am going to make a mistake I want it to be a mistake i made not one that came from such n such. People might be out doing this, saying this, wearing that but u shouldn't go by that. No offense to people who dress like this but there is no way this young man is EVER in life going to wear nut hugger jeans. I am not Mick Jagger its just not my thing, but I notice that urban society is trying to move towards that. That is the "cool" thing these days but regardless to how "cool" it becomes u do not have to worry about this Bald guy being in a pair.

4.) Live your life- There is too many people out here forgettin the fact that you only have one life to live. You do not get a re-do at this so why are we pitty pattin like we do? There is something that you have always wanted to do but fear of failing has been in you way of pursuing that goal. You need to let go of that. Failure is not gonna break you it just further defines u and is necessary. The way u figure out if you are u really living or jus going thru to motions of the mundane everyday hustle is askin yourself if you were to die tomorrow do you think it was a life well lived. Could you be satisfied with leavin things the way ur leaving them. U can be like im gonna do this and that like 5 years from now when i have a real job but u never kno u might meet a Bear one night and he might eat u or somethin like dat and it would have jus been like damn I wish I knew I was gonna meet this bear yesterday. Speaking for myself I can say that I will be okay and for every day that God gives me I will live it to the fullest. I hope that each of you feel the same way. Live your life

2008 was one year that had many plots and twist as well as turns. It was trivial and defining year. I look forward at 2009 with optimism, and a focused mind, and I am excited to next years 4th annual year-end wrap up. I am not perfect nor do i mean to be depicted to anything close to it I am just somebody who is always trying to excel and help my people do the same this is 50% of y i do this every year. Be Blessed and have a brilliant 2009

PS: Obama! January 20th, 2009 Change Has Come!!!

Ya boi

No comments:

Post a Comment