Sunday, August 30, 2009

You Can't Hurry Love





What's up people... Sunday my favorite day to reflect on things it seems like its one of the only days of the week that the noise of society is a little more quiet. It is also on Sundays that I let my old school jams play while I read,study, clean up from the weekend, etc. But as I was preparing one of my gourmet dinners one of my favorite songs "Don't Hurry Love" by the legendary Diane Ross and The Supremes. My first thought was how i missed songwriting and meaningful music that all the past decades provided us with. Now it seems as if people just want to create catchy music that lacks substance kind of what happened with the American made car more or less. Back in the day Fords, Chevy's, Cadillac's were made from good American made steel, but to cut cost they decided to slack off on the design and its guarantee that you were getting a sturdy vehicle.



Anyway back to the subject at hand...so I also just got off the phone with my cousin and he was asking about one of my personal situations with this one particular girl. Without getting too involved in the details, this particular girl I have known and been intrigued by for a couple of years. I think the reason that I have this much interest in this girl is the fact that she is so different than any of the other girls I have come in contact with. No matter how fat girl X ass is, or how well stupid girl Z Stiletto game maybe, this my interest in this girl surpasses all of them. I know this sounds real mushy and gooey lol but its real but here is how all this stuff comes together, here is where that song by Diane Ross and The Supremes hit me to where i wanted to speak on it. I told him that I feel like this kind of situation is such a gift but yet such a curse.

Now how its a curse is the fact that I am a very eligible bachelor, without any kids, with a good job that god continues to bless me with. These are all things that are hard to come by out here and the people i meet and deal with me understand that. But no matter how great the sex maybe, or how much fun I may have with girl X I'm always halfway there 60% there at the most. Let's call this lady Eva since she is a lot like Gabrielle Union of "Deliver Us From Eva" LL had to put up a lotta work of dudes weren't tryin to put in to finally pull her. LL's character could have chosen a bandwagon other girls that wouldn't have given half the trouble Eva did. But at the end of the day he had to make a choice either he could have gone the easy way taken one from the bandwagon, or the hard way and gone after what he really wanted which was Eva. My point is this... this just doesn't apply to relationships but anything you really want in life, if you see something and you really want it go out there and grab it. Don't let your home boy or your home girl's opinions differ you from what is yours. Life is too short to be taking the easy way all the time, the easy way is for losers. The people who only take the shortcuts are the most unhappy because they cut themselves short, they settle. I gotta have what I really want my spirit won't let me have anything else. It's like when ur stomach makes u throw up something that it can't take, that's how I am with settling I can't do it i gotta throw it back up. In same breathe I am not advocating staying in a situation that IS bad for you. Only you can determine the difference between being in a situation that is good for you and one that is negative.

Getting back to my phone conversation with my cousin, he asked me if hypothetically if this my situation doesn't end up working out would I feel like it was a waste of time. I only thought about it for a split second, and answered honestly no because in life you have to take risk. You miss every shot you don't put up, and I don't play just to play i play for keeps. So if it isn't successful that's just god's will and Gucci said it the best "girls are like buses miss one miss 15 one coming" Patience is a virtue there is no need to rush perfection all things work together for those called according to god's will and I believe that wholeheartedly. We are twenty somethings 30 somethings we have our whole lives ahead of us, don't get caught up on the fact you don't have a man or a girl. Work on being you, prepare yourself you have your whole lives to be married and tied down. My late Grandparents were married for 40+ years, that kind of love is not one that was rushed.

I say all that to just say this.... Take your time this is not a race its not Marathon (c) Jay-Z

Ya boi

No comments:

Post a Comment